Originally formed in 1898 the club has had three homes and gathered an interesting history in the process.
As Ward End Golf Club, and then Castle Bromwich Golf Club, the early years saw the likes of Harry Vardon and HS Colt play leading design roles.
The Second World War saw change and the eventual move to the present site came with a nine hole course, constructed around the grounds of Maxstoke Castle, the medieval centrepiece of the golf club.
The moated castle was constructed in 1345 and owned and occupied for the last 400 years up to the present day by the Fetherston-Dilke family. More land became available to the club in the subsequent years until 1960 when the full 18 hole course we see today was completed.
Maxstoke Park has a host of mature and almost ancient oaks, horse chestnuts and towering firs which resembles a classic country park in looks, quintessentially English with an accompaniment of large lakes and handsome water features and a wide variety of busy wildlife species.